Comment on page
Single Sign-On (SAML SSO)
By configuring Single Sign-On (SSO), your users can access Chatlayer through your organization's identity and access management (IAM) system. This is a secure and user-friendly way of accessing our platform.
Our SSO solution is compliant with SAML 2.0. This allows you to configure a wide range of IAM systems like:
- Azure Active Directory
- Ping Identity
We'll guide you through the entire process of setting up SAML SSO through Azure Active Directory in a few steps. You can also find out more about the setup process on the Azure AD documentation pages.
Follow the "Enterprise applications" menu entry and create a new application
Press the "Create your own application" button. A form will appear. Give the new application a fitting name and select the Non-gallery option.
Next we'll set up Single sign-on. Select the Single sign-on menu entry and select SAML.
1. Basic SAML Configuration Edit the configuration and fill in the following fields:
- Identifier (Entity ID):
- Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL): Copy this value from the SAML SSO configuration screen in our platform.
2. User Attributes & Claims - Default values
3. SAML Signing Certificate - Download the Base64 certificate, open it with a text editor and copy the value into the "Public Certificate" field in the SAML SSO configuration screen in our platform.
4. Set up Chatlayer
- Login URL: Copy this value into the "Sign on URL" field in our platform.
- Azure AD Identifier: Copy this value into the "Issuer" field in our platform.
You may now save the changes in both Azure AD and Chatlayer.
It is now possible for members of your AD organization to login to the Chatlayer application.
To set up SAML SSO through Okta, you can follow the steps below.
Step 1: Create a new app integration in Okta, select SAML 2.0
Step 2: give the newly created SAML 2.0 app a name
Step 3: fill in the Single sign on URL as retrieved from Chatlayer (Assertion consumer service URL) and the Audience URI (
Step 4: Select the following settings in the 'Feedback' step of the Okta configuration