How to organize your flows
Here are some best practices to visually optimize the organization of your flows
Are you encountering difficulties when organizing your flows because of all the overlapping path connections and bot dialogs?
One way to make your life easier is to structure your canvas in flows, i.e. different topics:
- make smaller, manageable flows that gather a piece of conversation about the same 'topic'
- bear in mind that an orange representation on the canvas means that your conversation will jump to something that lies in a different flow
- Use subflows to break up a large flow into smaller, manageable conversations.
- Move selected bot dialog or intent blocks to organize your flows
To add a new flow, follow these steps:
- 1.Click the "Add flow" button at the top left side bar of the canvas
- 1.Enter the name of your new flow.
- 2.Click "Create" to add your new flow to the canvas.
You can also create subflows allowing you to implement more logic in the flows overview.
Remember, an orange connection on the canvas indicates that the conversation will jump to a botdialog from a different flow.
To enhance readability, you have the option to create subflows and break up a large flow into smaller, more manageable parts. By doing so, you can improve the overall flow structure and make it easier for fellow botbuilders to follow and understand the conversational flow.
Adding a subflow is easy. Simply click the three dots icon next to your main flow title, and you'll be presented with the option to add a sub flow.
How to add sub flow
Move subflows between main flows effortlessly with a few clicks.
- 1.Click the three dots icon next to the subflow title
- 2.Choose "edit," select the desired parent flow
- 3.Click "Update" to complete the move.
If you have a bot with complex dialog flows, you may find it necessary to move certain dialogs or intent nodes from one flow to another.
To move a bot dialog from one flow to another, follow these steps:
1. Select bot dialogs you want to move.
You can select multiple dialogs in two ways: holding the CMD key (or CTRL key on Windows) to individually click and select, or holding the shift key to create a rectangular selection of multiple nodes
- 2.After selecting bot dialogs, click on the "Move to flow" icon in the top left corner of the toolbar.
- 3.Create or choose the flow or subflow where you want to move the selected bot dialog and intent blocks.
- 4.Click "Move" to complete the process.
Move bot dialogs to an existing flow
Move bot dialogs to a new sub flow