New features and functionalities in the platform
- Try our brand-new GPT-3 template that uses state-of-the-art technology to generate responses based on the context of the conversation!
- GPT-3 [Beta] integration: learn how you can integrate the latest NLP technology into your chatbot to generate sentences that suit the context of the conversation 🚀
- New year, new canvas! Try our new flexible canvas for bot building and check for yourself which view suits you best.
- Voice: DTMF enabled for voice bots, allowing callers to use the telephone dialpad or speech recognition.
- Improved message delivery reliability
- Added support for test numbers, which allows users to try out our voice bots without having to procure their own number beforehand.
- Users can now enable/disable voice recordings from the voice channel settings.
- Voice recordings are now available for playback from the conversation history.
- Improvements to the UI of the User flow analytics.
- The expanded/collapsed state of a flow path is persisted when you navigate into the step details page and back.
- The user dropoff percentage is now shown when viewing the step details page.
- Silence detected event that allows you to trigger a specific bot dialog after a period of silence from the user.
- Our Voice Connector and Voice Engine (both responsible for the connection with Sinch Voice channel) have been upgraded, improving connectivity, capacity and reliability; expect more changes in the following months.
- Support for Kakao Talk and WeChat through Sinch Conversation API:
- "Contains" option for Go to's: this allows you to check if a string contains another string
- New look for the bot building canvas
- Option to test out bot dialogs by pressing the 'play button' while hovering over them
- Upgrade of the NLP engine. This upgrade improves the detection rate of contextual entities in real user inputs by around 15% on average. The improvement is particularly noticeable when the user input contains noisy words, spelling mistakes or when the user uses a wording that differs significantly from your expressions.
- New "My bots" page that makes it easier to learn about Chatlayer and discover new templates
- New version of the Channels page: you can now select the channels easier, with a search bar, choose which version (Draft or Live) of the channel you are creating, freely rename them, and have more than one channel of the same type (e.g., connecting 2 different WhatsApp numbers to the same bot).
- If you're not in the new page yet, you'll see this banner that will allow you to go to the new version:
- We've made vast improvements to accuracy of intent and entity detection in all languages. We'll be rolling this out to all customers throughout the second quarter of 2022.
- Signing up is easier than ever with our new sign-up flow - start your trial in mere seconds. Go to chatlayer.ai to try it.
- An often requested feature: you can now search for a bot dialog directly from the canvas
- The Chatlayer menu is now collapsible: more space for the bot canvas if you want it!
- The Webhook calls now give an Opaque identifier object in payload of postback buttons. These payload should not be modified. They can just be sent to Chatlayer in order to trigger a postback button/quickreply.
- A brand new color scheme that fits our new branding
- Data retention: enterprise customers can set a custom retention time for their conversations, sessions and training expressions.
- We got ISO27001 certified
- Bot templates! You don't have to start from scratch anymore. Read more here. If you have ideas for new bot templates, get in touch with us
- Export/import of translations table: you can now edit the translations in an exported csv, and import them once you're done. Read more here
- Integration with Salesforce Service Cloud to transfer a conversation from the bot to an agent. Read more here
- Credit card payments: you can now pay for your Chatlayer subscription using a credit card
- Zoom controls in the Flows view
- We have reworked out Translations table to be a lot faster, and more convenient to use
We introduced a new style for the bot dialog components. Looks good, right?
This update also makes it easier to see which type of button you're creating
In the background, we have switched from one database type to another, making the bots and the platform a lot faster. We will gradually move bots to this new database, so it might take a few weeks for your bot to enjoy the performance benefits.
A lot of customers use bots in different parts of their organization. They have both a bot to help support their customers, as well as an internal HR bot. Often, these bots process sensitive information that should only be accessible by the team building that specific bot. That's why we have introduced team member roles & bot access.
Enterprise customers can now restrict bots to only be accessible by certain team members. Furthermore, you can set a team member as "read-only" so they can see how the bot is configured, but not change anything.
Read all about how to use team member roles & bot access:
We released new types of entities. You can find all information about them here:
Save a copy of your bot in an export. Exporting a bot will result in a JSON file that you can download to your computer.
This JSON file can be imported again to overwrite a bot with the data that is in the JSON file. Read more here:
You can now change the order of buttons, quick replies, carousel items and go to's using drag and drop.
Change the language of a bot dialog to immediately add or edit the translations for a message or button while you're creating or editing the flow.
Customize text messages the way you want them to look, and add links to other pages and bot dialogs, using rich text messages. You can read all about them here.