Sinch Contact Pro
It is now possible to connect your bot with Sinch Contact Pro and ensure a seamless offloading experience from bot to human agent.
Keep reading for a step-by-step guide on how to set this up!
- Log into your Sinch Contact Pro Domain
- Configure a new agent that will act as the bot
- Set-up a new queue specifically for chatbots
- Open the configuration panel
- Click “Create new configuration” and go to “Common settings”
- Find the Visitor ECF Server URL
- Copy this URL, you need it later for the Chatlayer configuration
- Lastly, select your newly created Chatbot queue in the Sinch Contact Configuration Panel and click “Save”
- Go to 'Channels' on the left hand side
- Click on the '+' sign in the 'Sinch Contact' row to see the pop-up below:
Looking at the URL you copied before, you can identify Region and Tenant Name:
- Now fill in the following:
- Your region - https://prod-region.domain.com/tenantname/visitor/ecfs
- Tenant name - https://prod-region.domain.com/tenantname/visitor/ecfs
The other fields can be found in Sinch Contact Pro:
- Username and password: fill these fields in from the newly created virtual agent
Now click 'Continue' to save your configuration
The Cloud Configuration has following regions:
- na: 'login-na-w2.cc.sinch.com'
- eu: 'login-eu-c1.cc.sinch.com'
- au: 'login-au-s2.cc.sinch.com'
- af: 'login-af-s1.cc.sinch.com'
- Add an “Action” bot dialog to your flow that contains a “Send to offload provider” plugin (for example, after “Not understood”)
- Select Sinch Contact in that plugin and the queue you want to offload to
Chatlayer shares the following information to Sinch Contact Pro:
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Phone Number:
It is recommended to fill in the above listed variables, so the agent in Sinch Contact Pro knows who they are talking to.
You may want to pass additional information about the user to Sinch Contact Pro, next to the above fields. To do this, you can declare additional session variables with the following format:
sinchContactPro.customFields. All these will be added as
attached datafields in Sinch Contact Pro.
For example, to add the user's location as a custom field, you would adjust your bot's flow to ask the users location and store the answer as a variable under
- Open the page where you’ve configured your Sinch Contact Pro Widget
- Fill in your contact details, select the “Chatlayer Agents” queue and start the conversation
After being transferred to an agent, open the right queue and take over the conversation:
The returning part of your bot flow after offloading is complete will look like this:
Three things need to be set up for this use case to work:
- 1.The variables that are going to identify the bot conversation and offloaded conversation are still active or paused need to be created:
In this example, we created
internal.isPausedto identify when the bot is paused and
internal.offloadto identify when the offload is active:
2. The bot needs to identify that the offloading isn't active anymore:
For that, we built a Go To bot dialog with the conditions: if the variable
internal.offloaddoes not exist, trigger the desired bot dialog to get user feedback, in the example below we named it "Feedback flow start", otherwise go to an empty bot dialog, "do nothing" as we named it in our example, because the offloaded conversation is still active.
3. The bot needs to identify when the offloaded conversation is no longer active
An event needs to be created by accessing the tab Events from the left-side menu, under the Bot Dialogs section. That event that will be triggered when the offloading variable is paused when the bot dialog from step 2 is visited.
Once the offloaded conversation is ended by the agent, like in the screenshot below, the bot will be able to identify that
Ant the bot will restart the conversation, following the first condition of the Go To bot dialog
And there you go, your Sinch Contact Pro offloading is all set up!