Google Assistant is a virtual assistant developed by Google that is available both on mobile and smart home devices, such as Google Home speakers. Publish your bot on Google Assistant to make it available on over 1 billion devices.
Google Assistant is a voice channel, which means the channel doesn't support buttons, carousels, lists, or images.
- In the 'Channel' section, choose 'Google Home'.
- Then simply follow the steps to set up your Google Home project
Setting up your Google Home project on Chatlayer
This is your project ID
To invoke your bot you need to assign it a name in the Google Actions Console following the steps below:
- 2.Select the project associated with the bot from the list
- 3.From the project page, select the Develop tab on the top and on the sidebar select the section Settings
- 4.You should see a form in which you can enter the Display name for your bot. Let's say you call it "Santa's helper", then click the Save button to persist the change
- 5.Now you can invoke the bot by saying "Ok Google, talk to Santa's helper".
It's never too early for Christmas
Let's talk to Santa!
You can test your bot using Google Assistant on any device logged in with the same email address used to create the project on the Google Actions Console.
Once your bot is ready to be shared with your users, you need to publish it. This can be done from the Google Actions Console as well.
- 2.Select the project associated with the bot from the l
- 3.From the project page, select the Deploy tab on top
- 4.Select Directory Information in the left sidebar and complete each section with the requested info. Click the Save button to persist the changes
- 5.Select Release from the left sidebar and click the Start New Release button. Follow the instructions on the screen.
If all goes will your bot should be live and accesible to all Google users.